- idX Renews 128,000-SF Lease in St. LouisidX Corp., a consumer environment designer, renewed its 128,060-square-foot lease at 3901 Union Blvd in St. Louis, MO. The tenant originally occupied 107,000 square feet within the property in 2000 an …
- Wiese Pays $2.7M for St. Louis Flex FacilityWiese, Inc., a CAT forklift dealer and material handling solutions provider, acquired a 27,891-square-foot flex building in St. Louis from Green Street St. Louis Real Estate and Construction for $2.65 …
- Bianco Properties Appoints Wolk as PresidentBianco Properties promoted Daniel Wolk to president in its St. Louis office. Wolk will be replacing Michael O'brecht, who has served as the company's president for the last 20 years. O' …
- The Hotel Sector is Poised for a Strong 2018, but Caution is in the Air
The market for hotel rooms keeps getting better for hotel operators.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (January 22, 2018)
The new U.S. tax law erodes the historic-building credit that developers have long used to help finance historic building renovations, the Wall Street Journal reports. The Atlanta Business Chronicle h …
- WeWork Teams Up With 2U to Bring Students to the Office
WeWork is eager to expand beyond month-to-month desk rentals.
- H&M Investor Heads for Exit as Selloff Tests Crisis Point
H&M’s problems partly stem from its slowness to adapt to a digital age in which consumers increasingly shop online.
- Which REIT Sectors Will Outperform in 2018?
In 2017, publicly-traded REITs in the industrial, data center and infrastructure sectors outperformed the other general REIT categories.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (January 19, 2018)
The Trump administration is finalizing its infrastructure improvement plan, reports Reuters. Wyndham Worldwide agreed to buy La Quinta Hotels for $1.95 billion in cash, according to the Wall Street Jo …
- Tenant Brokers Offer Strategies for Renegotiating Industrial Leases
Even in today’s “landlord market,” tenants can often gain an advantage if they begin the renegotiation process a minimum of six months ahead of the lease expiration date.
- Temple Taking Next Step to Build $130M Football Stadium in North Philadelphia
The decision largely ignores the sentiments expressed by the surrounding community and even a portion of the school's own student body.
- CRE Is Well-Positioned for 2018
Drilling down further within the commercial real estate industry, property management also stands to have a strong 2018.
- Yes, Rent Control Really Does More Harm Than Good: Noah Smith
In the end, the strongest argument against rent control is that there are better ways to protect vulnerable renters.