- Ohio Firm Acquires New Town Apartments in St. Louis SuburbBeachwood, Ohio-based Chase Properties has teamed up with Gold Block Ventures in purchasing a 130-unit apartment complex in St. Louis suburb St. Charles. The joint venture acquired the multifamily com …
- Chicago-Based Franklin Street Buys Corporate Hill Building in St. Louis SuburbChicago-based investment firm Franklin Partners LLC acquired a 174,965-square-foot office building within the Corporate Hill office complex in Des Peres, Missouri, for an undisclosed price. This is Fr …
- Pretium Is Said to Explore Up to $5 Billion of Rental-Home Sales
The third-largest U.S. owner of SFR homes is looking into selling most of its portfolio.
- Sears Liquidation Would Cost Seritage Half Its Rent Income
According to regulatory filings, Seritage Holdings would lose $84 million in cash flow in the event of liquidation.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (October 16, 2018)
Walmart will open only 10 new stores in the U.S. next fiscal year, reports the Wall Street Journal. SL Green has leased all of the office space at New York’s 609 Fifth Avenue to WeWork, according to t …
- NYC's Related Cos. Sees Future in $3 Billion of Senior Housing
Related Cos. wants to add luxury seniors housing high-rises to its development pipeline over the next five years.
- Value of REIT M&A Deals Rises Significantly Year-to-Date in 2018
While the number of transactions was roughly the same, REIT M&A value rose to $81.75 billion from $33.37 billion last year.
- The U.S. Cities Most Flooded with High-End Apartments
New data from RentCafe shows that more than 25 percent of apartment buildings in some U.S. cities are now high-end units.
- Sears Bankruptcy Likely to Inflict Pain on Mall Owners for Years
Many Sears store are too big to replace with only one tenant and may need to be subdivided, which can take years.
- REIT Investors Put More Focus on Environmental, Social and Governance Issues, According to New Reports
ULI’s Emerging Trends in Real Estate Report, Among Others, Says Investor Sensitivity to ESG Issues Increased Since U.S. Pulled Out of the Paris Climate Accord.
- Sears Files for Bankruptcy That’s Been Years in the Making; Lampert Steps Down as CEO
Declining sales and a mountain of debt finally catch up with Sears Holdings Corp.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (October 15, 2018)
Jared Kushner has paid almost no federal income taxes for several years, according to The New York Times. The housing market is poised to see a gentler slowdown compared to 2007, according to the Wall …