- Carl Icahn Cashing in His Chips on Tropicana Entertainment, Collecting $1.85 BillionTropicana Atlantic City Icahn Enterprises agreed to sell its majority-owned subsidiary, Tropicana Entertainment Inc., for a total price of $1.85 billion. The deal will see Tropicana's real estate …
- Millennial Holdings Picks Up 204,000-SF Clocktower Place Shopping Center for $12 MillionMillennial Holdings, a Lakewood, NJ investment firm, purchased the 204,459-square-foot Clocktower Place in Florissant, MO from Brixmor Property Group for $12 million, or approximately $59 per square f …
- Select Strategies Realty Acquires 682,000-SF St. Louis Retail PortfolioPictured: Creve Coeur Shopping Center Select Strategies Realty acquired a 681,704-square-foot portfolio in the St. Louis market from New York-based Kimco Realty Corp. for an undisclosed price. The Cin …
- Mac Properties Breaks Ground on 316-Unit Multifamily Tower in Central West EndMac Properties, a Chicago-based multifamily development firm affiliated with Englewood, NJ-based Antheus Capital, broke ground on the 316-unit One Hundred, an apartment tower located at 100 N. Kingshi …
- Rich Turn to Crowdfunding for Properties From Offices to Hotels
Companies such as Origin see a fertile market in the world of family offices, which on average allocate 16.2 percent of their portfolios to direct real estate investments.
- WeWork Joins Rush to Debt Market With Big Plans, Little Cash
The co-working space company backed by SoftBank Group Corp. joins a wave of high-flying, but cash-burning, tech firms tapping debt markets.
- Reality Sets In at Lampert's Sears, With Another $1 Billion Due
About $1 billion of Sears debt will come due within the year, according to the company’s latest results.
- Elaine Wynn Pushes to Oust Director in Post-Scandal Overhaul
Wynn, the company’s largest shareholder, has pushed aggressively for changes in the months since sexual-harassment allegations led to the downfall of ex-husband Steve Wynn.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (April 24, 2018)
Old Navy plans to open 60 stores in the U.S. this year, CNBC reports. Long-term U.S. government bond yields crossed the 3 percent threshold, according to the Wall Street Journal. These are among today …
- Local and Regional Banks Double Down on Construction Lending for Apartments
Banks provided 71 percent of all construction financing in 2017, according to data from Real Capital Analytics.
- The Future of Non-Bank Real Estate Lending: 10 Predictions for the Next 10 Years
This article makes 10 predictions about where our industry is going.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (April 23, 2018)
Sears Holdings CEO Eddie Lampert offered to buy some of the Sears units after the company wasn’t able to find other buyers, the Wall Street Journal reports. The Guardian looks at Sean Hannity’s real e …
- Here's How One Family Office Bought a Wind Farm. Now You Can Too
Due diligence resembles that of industrial real estate, but clean-power plants often require a different sort of financial and regulatory sophistication.
- HNA Cuts Deutsche Bank Stake, Reversing Previous Commitment
HNA reduced its holding in the German lender to 7.9 percent from 8.8 percent.