- 12 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (May 27, 2020)
McDonald’s Corp. is facing a class-action lawsuit seeking compliance with health guidelines, reports Reuters. Construction work on a nine-story wooden mixed-use building continues in Cleveland, accord …
- Bank of America Staff Will Return to Office in Phases With 30 Days’ Notice
The bank is planning to start returning its workforce to offices in phases.
- Fitness Clubs Facing $10 Billion Revenue Hit as Members Flee
A survey of 1,000 fitness club users showed more than a third have cancelled or plan to cancel their gym memberships.
- A J.C. Penney REIT Is an ‘Odd Value Proposition’ in Today’s Climate. But its Stores Could Attract a Wealthy Buyer
Given unraveling retail rents, a J.C. Penney REIT might be a tough sell in this environment. But the chain’s stores might become a goldmine for Amazon.
- Tools & Tactics the CRE Industry is Using to Reopen
Americans are itching to get back to a sense of normalcy. Here are ways building owners and managers are making that happen safely.
- Eight Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (May 26, 2020)
New analysis from CoStar showed that 14 of the 20 largest mall tenants are either apparel retailers or department stores, including several names that have now filed for bankruptcy. The National Assoc …
- Scotiabank Earmarks $1.33 Billion for Bad Loans in Pandemic
Scotiabank is the first large Canadian lender to report second-quarter results.
- Borrowers Pony Up More Cash Reserves to Move Loans Forward
Some underwriting standards across the board have being tightened up as lenders begin to finance deals again.
- Saks’s Owner Denies Claim It Stripped Assets in Reorganization
The lawsuit by the lenders called the reorganization a “corporate shell game.”
- The Health Science Behind Getting Outside
How the response to COVID-19 is driving demand for more outdoor space.