Error: Feed has an error or is not valid.
- McDonald’s Shrinks U.S. Store Count While Rivals Expand
The chain shrank its U.S. locations by more than 100 in 2019.
- How Is the New Focus on Impact Investing Playing Out in the Office Sector?
Impact investing is increasingly popular among institutional investors and private equity funds. What does it mean for office owners?
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (Jan. 24, 2020)
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin promises another round of tax cuts, according to CNBC. The Wall Street Journal looks at the Koch brothers’ considerable real estate empire. These are among today’s mu …
- The Rent Crisis Won’t Go Away Without More Housing: Noah Smith
The case for increasing construction becomes more solid by the day.
- Five Winners and Four Losers in RCA’s Tally of 2019’s Investment Sales
Some takeaways from Real Capital Analytics’ latest Big Picture report.
- Landmark San Francisco Project Sold at Loss by China Builder
Oceanwide Holdings Co. sold its San Francisco development site at a loss of about $276 million.
- Grocer Consolidation Is Expected to Continue. How Will It Impact Shopping Center Landlords?
Consolidation can make merged grocers more credit-worthy. It can also leave behind hard-to-fill anchor spaces.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (Jan. 23, 2019)
Retailer Express to close around 100 stores by 2022, reports the Wall Street Journal. Some tech companies are choosing to work in old industrial buildings instead of traditional office spaces, accordi …
- Regional Properties Might Be Where the Money Is for the Gaming REITs
The gaming sector recently saw several mega-deals in Las Vegas. But the best risk-return properties might be far away from the Strip.
- WeWork Sells Teem and its Stake in The Wing as it Continues to Divest Non-Core Businesses
The moves are part of an effort to slim down to WeWork's core business of leasing flexible office space.