- Postal Realty Trust CEO Talks About the Company’s Outlook for the Future
The U.S. Postal Service “has a virtual monopoly on the last mile,” according to REIT CEO Andrew Spodek.
- Six Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (Aug. 7, 2020)
Bay Area cities are approving affordable housing developments, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. The Federal Housing Finance Agency is mandating multifamily property owners with government-backed l …
- MOB Sales Fell by Nearly 50 Percent in the Second Quarter, But the Sector’s Outlook Is Strong
Despite lost revenue earlier in the pandemic, the medical office sector is bouncing back.
- San Francisco Eviction Moratorium Survives Landlord Challenge
California Superior Court Judge Charles Haines ruled the city’s eviction moratorium was a “reasonable exercise of the police power to promote public welfare.”
- Busted Retailers Use Bankruptcy to Break Leases by the Thousands
Chains from J. Crew to Ann Taylor are using bankruptcy filings to avoid protracted negotiations with individual landlords.
- 10 Must Reads for the CRE Industry Today (Aug. 6, 2020)
Commercial real estate fundamentals showed some improvement in July, reports Star Tribune. The struggles of the retail sector are likely to continue, according to Benzinga. These are among today’s mus …
- Manhattan’s Ultra-Luxury Rental Market Has Cratered
The apartment rental market comprised of units priced at $22,000 a month and more has seen a 75 percent drop in listings.
- J.C. Penney Lender Group Seeks Higher Bids from Potential Buyers
The lenders are pushing for offers closer to the approximately $2.2 billion in debt the department store chain carries.
- Can Green Investments Grow in the COVID-19 Era?
Perhaps no segment of the business world is tasked with more responsibility to implement safe work environments than CRE investors and owners.
- What Will Back-to-School Look Like at U.S. Malls in the Midst of COVID-19?
Some malls are still holding back-to-school marketing events, but outdoors, with attendance limits and social distancing guidelines.